Welcome...

This is the test ground for my literary endeavors... feedback is vital.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Chapter Two

Still they cried. Though he tried and tried, he could not love her hurt away.
"Please baby..." he pleaded. He knew that this was likely just another wasted effort, but he had to try. His previous attempts at comforting her either fell on deaf ears or only aggravated her further. In an act of desperation he got up from his chair and took what had to be the longest four step journey in the history of mankind. He walked across the room and reached out his hand. He tried to put his arms around her.
More...
Her sobs and whimpering masked the sounds of his footsteps. Her lowered head never saw him coming. She jerked away from him the instant he touched her, As if she had received a sudden electrical shock.
"Don't you touch me." she said, in a calm, steady voice. Their eyes met and locked. He had never seen such a look on her face before. He looked away quickly. He had the craziest feeling, that she could look into his soul and see the guilt and sin in his heart.
"Don't you ever touch me again !" she demanded, sounding more like a growling animal than the woman that he'd shared the past several years with.
"But baby please..." was his lame plea. He was wearing his best 'Baby I'm sorry, don't you still love me' expression. But she was now the 'immovable object' and he was no longer the 'irresistible force'.
"Fine!" he said, attitude quickly changing.
"Forget it all then! I'm trying my hardest to convince you that I'm sorry and you just treat me like I'm a dog!" His voice grew louder.
"You want me to kiss your ass don't you? That's it, isn't it baby? Well I'm not going to kiss your ass and I'm not your dog!" It was he who was yelling now.
"So is this what you really want baby? Do you want us to just be over and done?"
(The master chess player pondered his next move for only a moment...)
"After all that we've been through, all that we have built." he continued.
(He moved his piece into position.)
"The hell with the kids. The hell with everything!" he exclaimed.
(Check)
"Are YOU going to just throw it all away?"
(Checkmate.)
“Get out !” she screamed.

She was crying once again.

stay tuned for the next episode... available in my soon to be released book. Email me for more info

2 comments:

  1. That was sick the way he tried to turn the tables on her. On to #3

    ReplyDelete
  2. people do that so much in real life that i had to put it in the story, it just felt right

    ReplyDelete