Welcome...

This is the test ground for my literary endeavors... feedback is vital.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

POETRY - Taking Chances...

I was hiding in a world of stone
But living within a glass house
Invisible to none but me
Screaming without a single sound
Everyone new just who I was
Though I kept on changing hats
I was searching for the missing me
But couldn’t find it with a map...More...

In the darkness of your lovely eyes
I think I finally saw the light
Explosive calm pulling me inside
And It was pointless for me to fight
You were the feast that I'd beenstarving for
The water to quench the flame
All of the love that I'd ever wanted
Without the hurts to which I was to blame

I had fallen off the cliffs of you
Into the joy of being afraid
The closer I began to get to you
The less I remembered my own name
The stone temple is no longer my God
Its been replaced with... I haven't a clue
I still don’t know who the hell I am
I only know now that I’m in love with you

I have torn apart my flesh and bone
And exposed to you my heart
Giving everything that gives me life
Bleeding to death as I do my part
I wasn’t cut out for this type of game
You won it all and got MVP
And I just lost as I just always do
Now I’m no longer here for you or me


More available in my soon to be released book. email me for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment