Welcome...

This is the test ground for my literary endeavors... feedback is vital.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

NEW BOOK - THE SHORT LONG ROAD

Sunrise, sunset; it all began and ended with me. Until I opened my eyes in the morning there was no morning and the world rested at night when I laid me down to sleep. This was exactly how my world operated; as is the case with all four years olds, and it was good. More... Though I knew very little about God except the pronunciation of His name, surely I thought I must be Him. My food came when it was time to eat. My shelter was magically there as were my clothing. There were secondary beings whose purpose was to ensure that the world continued to work in this way. These beings were pleasing to me as they seemed to intuitively recognize my importance. My favorite by far was the human that I called mommy. She was the boss of the other beings apparently and we seemed to have a very strong bond. Though there were many who contributed to my ultimate comfort; she was chief among them, as she was almost always there first and with a very sincere smile.
Life was great and the world was Eden.
When I spoke all paid close attention. I had a gift for making those around me smile and laugh, which in turn caused many a smile and laugh in me.
There were those few occasions when my whims were not catered to or not promptly enough and it was in these times that I was forced to unleash my wrath upon the world. This inevitably led to my will being done almost without fail. I was happy, life was good and all was as it should be.



No comments:

Post a Comment