Welcome...

This is the test ground for my literary endeavors... feedback is vital.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

THE SHORT LONG ROAD - PART TWO

It was the dawning of the Year Five an occasion also known to humans as my fifth birthday. Beings from distant lands gathered to bring offerings to me and I was indeed pleased. Most unique among my gifts was box filled with crayons, pencils and a big eraser. I was familiar with these tools of creativity and yet perplexed by the lack of paper or something to use the tools on, as was the normal custom. Further fueling my curiosity was the fact that I was instructed not to play with this gift as yet.More... “But why?” I asked.
“Because you are going to need those for school tomorrow” said my mommy.
I had never heard this word ‘school’ before and could not wrap my imagination around the concept. In response to my earnest inquiry, I was informed that I would find out tomorrow. This was to be a surprise and even though it was in absolute conflict with my impatient and demanding spirit. I was able to subdue my eager need to know right now, in lieu of the anticipation of additional surprises and pleasures. After all I had enough gifts and offerings to amuse myself for the moment.
I enjoyed the rest of the anniversary of the creation of the world, known to mortals as my birthday. There was singing in my honor. Special foods brought to me for approval and most importantly all eyes were on me. This was truly a day of days and I almost wished that everyday was as special.


No comments:

Post a Comment