Welcome...

This is the test ground for my literary endeavors... feedback is vital.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

THE SHORT LONG ROAD - PART THREE

The next day I was dressed in beautiful garb and told to grab my school box gift and prepare myself for my first day at school. I was as excited as I had ever been. I was even more so curious as my mommy took my hand and led me on a walk that was a long way away and then a little bit farther. It seemed as though we took one hundred turns and crossed rivers and climbed mountains to reach the biggest building in the world. It was big enough to fit my house inside of it many, many times. This building had a million kids outside of it talking and playing and running and screaming and laughing. This place was chaos and pandemonium! As we approached nobody stopped what they were doing to acknowledge my arrival as was the custom in my world.More... What was wrong with these strange people? Did they not know who I was? Was this not still a part of my very own world? I feared that we had left my planet and landed on the foreign soil of the planet called ‘school’ – and I did not like it. My mommy took me inside just as a loud siren screamed out an offensive sound and on cue the masses of children begin entering the building after us.
Mommy and I spoke to a female human and then another and another before we were led down a long quiet hallway toward a large door with a window on it. I was not able to see into this window, but my ears told me what my eyes surely would have: that beyond this door lay many children. Laughing, talking, playing and completely unaware of me and all my greatness.



1 comment:

  1. drew, what's up my dude. i'm finally getting caught up on your blog. after my wife and i finished our 100 days, i had to take a break from the blogosphere for a minute. but that minute turned into months. anyway, both of the stories were engaging and i'm really digging the short chapter approach. i really liked The Short Long Road because pulled me into that world and i could see things from that perspective. i hope you're still writing man. peace.

    ReplyDelete